Experienced Defense Attorney Protecting Your Future
If you have been accused of committing a crime, the steps you take right away will have a significant impact on your future. One of the most important things you can do is to talk to a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer. Talking to police can only hurt your case. An experienced criminal law attorney can help you understand your rights and the charges against you.
At The Barrera Firm, we stand up for the rights of people accused of state and federal criminal charges in San Antonio and throughout Bexar County.
As a former state court district judge, Roy Barrera Jr. has a valuable perspective on criminal law that benefits his clients today. As a defense lawyer who has tried hundreds of cases, Mr. Barrera is prepared to protect your rights, no matter how serious the charges.
Full-Service Criminal Defense Representation
We are prepared to defend clients against any type of felony or misdemeanor criminal charge, including:
- White collar crimes: Including fraud, embezzlement, forgery and other financial crimes
- Sex crimes: Including sexual assault, indecency, obscenity, lewdness and other sex-related offenses
- Drug crimes: Including possession, trafficking, manufacturing and cultivation of illegal drugs, and unauthorized possession and sale of prescription drugs
- Violent crimes: Including assault and battery, murder, manslaughter, armed robbery and other crimes of violence
- Drunk driving (DWI/DUI): Representing anyone facing a drunk driving charge in the San Antonio area, including those facing first-time charges and those facing multiple DWI/DUI offenses
- Theft crimes: Defending clients against charges of shoplifting, auto theft, grand larceny and other theft crimes in Texas
We also handle criminal expungements for clients who wish to minimize the impact of a former criminal charge.
Whatever your legal needs, we are here to guide you through the process and fight for the best possible outcome.